Monday, January 31, 2011

Setting My Default to BELIEVE

I want to adjust my default setting to BELIEVE so that my early responses reflect my faith and trust in the One who is able to accomplish all things. A wonderful example of this came to me after our recent small group meeting. In our discussion of Ephesians chapter one, each one of us marveled at the idea in verses 19-21: the same power that raised Jesus from the dead is available to us who believe. *

When we were leaving to go home I saw one of the women hurry back into the church. I found out later she took her husband directly to the hospital because of an erratic heartbeat.

I received an email the next morning. They had taken our lesson in Ephesians chapter one to heart and chose to believe and apply the truth we discovered afresh in verses19-21.

Here is their testimony (shared with permission):

“Thank you so much for praying on Thursday night...no wonder he wanted to leave so quickly. He felt his heart go into atrial fibrillation just at the end of our group prayer time. We went to the E.R. and they eventually transferred him to ICU overnight. They released him late this afternoon. His heart went back into normal rhythm by late morning. It was wonderful to pray with him in the E.R. and be reminded of what we had just learned about in our small group....that the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead, LIVES in us. We prayed that the POWER within him would restore his heart to normal rhythm. SURELY, if that power could raise Christ from the dead, we had the confidence that He could take care of this problem...so small in comparison.”

Amazing!

Oh, may we all have our default set to believe who He is, what He says, and then share how He is working in and around us each day!

How have you believed God? How will you train your heart and mind to believe? I would love to hear your stories—because they encourage others to believe.

Believing with you,

Jeanne

“I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly realms, far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is invoked, not only in the present age but also in the one to come.” Ephesians 1:18-21 NIV


6 comments:

  1. I love this post and this title! Oh, how I want to always believe at that level!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A true story of faith. Wonderful, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you, Vonda. I keep saying in my mind, He is the same God who accomplished all of the amazing things we read about. He is able to do them in 2011 too.

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you to stopping by and taking the time to comment, Jean. It means a lot!

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband and I just had a conversation last week about our "defaults" and I am planning a post about it on my blog (about Christians dealing with fear). How funny that you have used the same word! Yes, yes, yes! May our defaults get set to BELIEVE, rather than fear, anger, or anything else. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comment, Judi. I do think the Lord is stirring the hearts of His children for a deeper relationship and commitment. He has given us so much. May we tap into the inheritance that is ours through Christ.

    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining the conversation. Your comment will appear once I moderate. This helps to combat spam messages. Thanks for your understanding.
If you have trouble posting a comment, please contact me.