Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Disney's Frozen - Will You Let It Go? Un-Frozen to Serve Part One

Disney's Frozen - Will you let it go? Un-frozen to serve part one


Anyone have a little princess at home? Do you find yourself singing, Let it Go, Let it Go with the full flourish of aerobic dancing?


….in light of our New England winter, Disney’s Frozen is getting plenty of press. 

I spoke recently at our Care Net Crisis Pregnancy Center’s event called: 


UnFrozen

They used the Disney animated film as a theme. So, I spoke about being Un-Frozen to Serve. I’ll be sharing some of my insights in the next couple of blog posts.



Disney's Frozen - Will you let it go? Un-Frozen to Serve part one



As I watched Disney’s Frozen, I found myself thinking, I want to be like Anna. She’s strong, brave, adventurous and skilled. She knew just what to do in any situation and did everything with all her might.

But in my heart, I am Elsa—fearful, alone, isolated, always second guessing myself, protecting myself…Yes, I understand Frozen very well. Instead of embracing life with the power God provides, I find excuses why I can’t or shouldn’t do something.


Can anyone relate? 


Disney's Frozen - Will you let it go? Un-frozen to Serve Part One



Are you frozen too? I don’t mean temperature, I mean in your desire to serve God with all your might. If you're anything like me, you want to say yes. You want to jump in with both feet. 


But, you don't. Why?

First, it helps to ask what’s holding you back. What causes you to be frozen? 


I can think of many reasons, most of which I struggle with. Like, fear, busyness, shame, the past, doubt, insecurity, unforgiveness, anger…and I’m sure you can add others.

Secondly, you need to be aware of where they're coming from.

John 10:10 tells us Jesus gives us abundant life—it also says there is a thief who seeks to destroy us. That word, destroy, means to render useless—to put out of the way.

Satan likes nothing more than to disable believers so we are ineffective and weak.  (Click to Tweet)


Satan feeds the feelings of guilt, shame and doubt. Even when we know God has forgiven us, Satan’s tactic is to cause doubt. And, because of this we often, have trouble forgiving ourselves.

We keep things from our past locked in the back of a cold closet because we think they make us unworthy to be used by God. To reveal them would expose ourselves to others; we wonder if they look at us differently.

This is an invisible prison the enemy loves—it’s as if you hear him say, “Did God really say…”

Satan is the accuser. He is a master of spinning a web of doubt and we retreat to the back of the frozen closet. We are rendered useless and the enemy smirks.

R.T. Kendall says in his book, Holy Fire: A Balanced, Biblical Look at the Holy Spirit's Work in Our Lives :


 "The next time Satan reminds you of your past, remind him of his future."

God’s word trumps the devil’s lie.  (Click to Tweet)

Jesus forgives your sins and doesn’t hold them against you any longer. They are thrown into the depths of the sea. Corrie ten Boom said He posts a sign that says, “No ice fishing.” 


Jesus takes our past, the weapons the enemy uses against us, and makes them redeemed tools for the Kingdom. He takes your story and gives it power to speak into the lives of others.

Who are you most like, Anna or Elsa?

Disney's Frozen - Will you let it go? Unfrozen to Serve part one


What’s keeping you frozen?

What does the enemy love to throw in your face?

Ephesians 6:10 tells us to stand firm against the schemes of the evil one. Recognize that he is the accuser and the father of lies.

Are you ready to LET IT GO so you can impact the Kingdom for God's glory?


Jeanne

Tweetables:

I want to be like Anna, but in my heart I know I'm Elsa (Click to Tweet)

Satan likes nothing more than to disable believers so we are ineffective and weak (Click to Tweet)

God's Word trumps the devil's lie (Click to Tweet)

Be sure to tune in on Friday for part two of Unfrozen to Serve.

R.T. Kendall's book is one I'd like to read:





Snowflake Image courtesy of Morguefile.com

4 comments:

  1. Love the subject matter here! You are right on! Thanks for sharing and adding your own personal thoughts about self. Talking about self allows us all to relate to each other. We are family in the Kingdom of our Lord and Savior!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your thoughts, Western. I think it's important to reveal how the enemy works against God's purposes in our lives. We need to be aware of his tricks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Powerful words. Definitely bookmarking this post because I'll be referring to it often. Thank you for sharing your heart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiffany, I am so glad you stopped by and thank you for leaving a comment. God's forgiveness is complete :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining the conversation. Your comment will appear once I moderate. This helps to combat spam messages. Thanks for your understanding.
If you have trouble posting a comment, please contact me.