Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Resting Doesn't Come Easy to Me - Will Shingles Help?

Resting doesn't come easy to me
I'm enjoying the emerging spring - flowers, birds, three rabbits cavorting on the lawn and most of all, the warm sunshine.

This last week while recuperating from a bout of shingles, I began planning my garden. I made my list of things to get at the garden center:

                               Potting Soil
Resting doesn't come easy to me

Basil, rosemary and parsley plants

Hanging planters of flowers

Even the need to rest can't keep my mind still.

So I grabbed a book and made a cup of tea. I took it upstairs to a sunny window and settled in for awhile.

Later, as I meandered about the yard, I noticed the beauty around me. Yellow primroses. Thriving chive plants ready to bloom. They promise more to come, eventually. 



As soon as I am able, I will create my outdoor oasis to enjoy. But in the meantime I will see the beautiful beginnings. I will focus on what is, not what could be. Click to Tweet

I am realizing how difficult it is for me to do nothing. 

Do you struggle with being still too?

You, my readers, have been reading The Stream's Edge long enough to know that if I take a short break - to rest - that I will be back - rested.

I would love for you to pray as the Holy Spirit brings me to mind, that I will listen to the voice of rest. 

Whenever I am set aside I ask, "Lord, what are you doing?"

And, I know rest doesn't necessarily mean inactivity on God's part. 

In a musical score, the rest is just as much a part of the piece as a whole or half note. 

So, I will take this time...and watch for my heavenly Father to prompt me when it is time to pick up the beat again.


What's the hardest thing about resting for you? Click to Tweet

You can read my last post about busyness


Jeanne

Feel free to share this image:


Resting doesn't come easy to me
Photo by Jeanne Doyon

Images courtesy of Morguefile,com

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on this one, Jeanne! When I read your title, the song, "It Don't Come Easy" by Ringo Starr popped into my mind. I don't remember all the lyrics...just this line :-). Glad you're enjoying spring, and on the way back to health. blessings!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mary! You're right....rest doesn't come easy. Especially in the culture we live in. Jesus said, learn from me...my yoke is easy and my burden is light. Oh, how I want to know this truth.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for joining the conversation. Your comment will appear once I moderate. This helps to combat spam messages. Thanks for your understanding.
If you have trouble posting a comment, please contact me.